Client: Canada Fluorspar Inc.
Pennecon Technical Services (PTS) was requested by Canada Fluorspar Inc. (“CFI”) to provide a temporary power solution to enable CFI’s loadout of fluorspar at its Blue Beach Marine Terminal in St. Lawrence, Newfoundland & Labrador. In response to the request, PTS designed and constructed a solution comprised of a 400kW, 600V diesel genset, building (sea-can), associated electrical distribution equipment, and motor starting/control equipment (conveyor control system.)
- Preparing a 40ft sea can and installing electrical distribution and motor control equipment, plus associated cabling (which was verified and tested).
- Outfitting the sea can with both interior and exterior lighting, receptacles, electric heat, ventilation equipment, fire alarm system.
- Installing a 400 kW, 347/600V, 3 phase, 60Hz skid mounted diesel generator with control panel, batteries, chargers, exhaust system, filters, fuel tank, and all other associated equipment related to generator.
- Performing a complete run up of the generator operation and verification of mechanical operations which included load testing, and verification of louvers cooling system.
- Commissioning all genset controls, breakers, engine shutdowns/alarms, metering, automatic operations, batteries etc.
- In-house engineering, design, & procurement
- In-house fabrication, programming, & testing of motor control panels.
- An equipment handover with client and documentation deliverables.
Engineering deliverables include:
- Electrical Single line diagram
- Grounding plan
- Fire alarm system detail/riser diagram
- General arrangement drawings
- Motor control panel schematics
- Coordination & Arc Flash Study